Weather Stop Garage Door Top Seal Kit includes:
- The thermoplastic strip
- Zinc wood screws & washers
- Fitting instructions
The Weather Stop Top Seal is constructed from ridged and flexible high quality thermoplastic material that is both environmentally friendly and recyclable. The ridged top section allows the product to be attached to the head of the frame without bowing. The flexible section will allow the product to bend and flex when the garage door is closed and opened. The material used for the Garage Door Top Seal contains a UV stabilizer to inhibit the damaging effects of bright sunlight.
Key Product Features:
- Seals gaps of up to 40mm
- Specifically designed to be both rigid and flexible
- Available in two lengths 2438mm (8ft) or 4876mm (16ft) (16ft = 2 x 8ft lengths due to carriage limitations)
- Instantly improves the overall appearance of the garage door
- Conserves heat inside the garage
- Available in white to match most garage doors
- Prevents wind-driven rainwater and draughts from being blown into the garage
- Quick and easy to fit
- May be fitted to new or existing up-and-over garage doors
- Made from materials that are UV stabilised and are both environmentally-friendly and recyclable
The gap between a garage door and garage frame is usually 10mm / 20mm (approximately). This gap needs to be sealed to eliminate moist air being drawn into the garage. The Weather Stop Garage Door Top Seal is designed to seal gaps of up to 40mm (about 1½ inches). The top of the garage door will rest against the top seal when the garage door is closed, creating a watertight seal preventing rain, leaves, dust and debris and draughts from being blown in the top of the garage. When the garage door is opened the top seal is designed to flex.
Timber beading or large UPVC fitted to the top of the frame does not create a seal. The Weather Stop Top Seal is designed specifically to provide a seal between the top of the garage door and the door frame.
The Weather Stop Top Seal effectively blocks moist air being drawn into the garage at the top of the door.
The Top Seal will help to keep the garage clean and dry and protect equipment and tools from the damaging effects of condensation (i.e. rust).
The Weather Stop Top Seal Kit includes 10 number 8 x 3/4" (4mm x 20mm) Zinc Plated Twinthread Roundhead Phillips wood screw screws and 10 number bright zinc Metric Penny Washers BZP M5 x 20.